Who else loves coconut?
If you’re a coco-nut (haha) like me, you’re going to love this super healthy, easy to make recipe. I adapted the classic sugary coconut rough recipe to give it more of a healthy vibe, and I must say the results are stellar (even if I do say so myself ). I’d love you to enjoy this taste sensation too, so here’s the recipe.
Zingy Coconut Rough Recipe
2 cups desiccated coconut
1 heaped tablespoon unsweetened carob or cacao powder
10 medjool dates, seeds removed
1 ½ teaspoon ginger powder (yep, this gives it the zing!)
2 tablespoons coconut cream
Place all ingredients into your food processor. Blend until well combined (this will take time). Firmly press the mixture into a lined loaf tin. Place in the freezer to set for at least 3 hours. Slice and enjoy the coconuty goodness!
Did you know?
Coconut is amazingly good for you!! Here’s some fun coconut facts that will make your Ginger Coconut Rough taste even better.
1. Blood: Delicious and nutritious coconut water has actually been used as a short-term replacement for plasma in human blood.
2. Thyroid: The unique fat in coconut oil may help support thyroid health. This interesting article from Dr. Mercola will explain further.
3. Sport: Coconut water is packed full of electrolytes and makes the perfect a-la-naturale sports drink.
4. Weight Loss: Apparently, regularly consuming coconut oil can help boost vitality and assist weight loss. Who would have thought a food that tastes so good and has a high fat profile can do all this?
5. Immunity: Lauric acid is a special substance found in coconut oil. Its immune boosting potential helps stave off nasty bacteria, fungi and viruses.
Click here for more inspiration.